The Fire Model Intercomparison Project (FireMIP) seeks to enhance the understanding of the role of vegetation fire in the Earth system. Standardized model experiments allow us to generate historical time series and evaluate model performance. These inform the interpretation of other experiments that generate future projections under different scenarios of climate change and socioeconomic development.
- Quantitative assessment of fire and vegetation properties in simulations with fire-enabled vegetation models from the Fire Model Intercomparison Project
- The status and challenge of global fire modelling
- Historical (1700–2012) global multi-model estimates of the fire emissions from the Fire Modeling Intercomparison Project (FireMIP)
- The Fire Modeling Intercomparison Project (FireMIP), phase 1: experimental and analytical protocols with detailed model descriptions
- Large potential for crop production adaptation depends on available future varieties